To reach your Russian customers, your website needs to be listed in major Russian search engine such as Yandex. Positioning your website for Russia is not as straight forward as simply translating your site into Russian. Russian SEO is the process of improving the visibility of your website in Google and Yandex results, so that your Russian prospective customers will find you.
Russia is the most competitive online market in Europe
– Russia boasts the largest online population of any European country—73.8 million in 2013, according to eMarketer.
– The most popular sites in Russia tend to be homegrown: Yandex controls the largest market share among search engines; Mail.ru remains the leading email service provider; and VK, a Facebook-like social network, is the top social site.
– According to the market researchers at comScore, Russian search engine Yandex is now the fourth most popular search engine in the world, knocking Microsoft’s Bing down to fifth place.
– As a huge and diversified nation, Russia geographically spans across two continents. It is the largest country in the world with over 16,9 M km2, and spreads over 10 time zones. With a population of 139 million, Russia is a country with extreme climatic conditions, and abundant mineral resources, especially oil, coal reserves, and natural gas. It is the world’s largest oil producer and the second largest exporter. Moscow is the political, economic, and financial center of Russia.
– After the difficult transition years from communism to capitalism in the 1990s, the Russian economy has experienced a strong growth since the beginning of the 21st century, until the economic crisis of 2008 that severely affected the country.
– Russia joined the World Trade Organization in 2012, which will reduce trade barriers in Russia for foreign goods and services and help open foreign markets to Russian goods and services. Russia has had difficulty attracting foreign direct investment and has experienced large capital outflows in the past several years, leading to official programs to improve Russia’s international rankings for its investment climate. The growth rate of the economy was 3.4% in 2012.
– Most of Russian online users perform searches in Russian, so in order to be found by new customers in this competitive market, your company website needs to be optimized for the Russian market.
Russian SEO: use your website to attract potential Russian customers
The earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users.
So as to ensure your website appears more frequently into search engine results in Russia, we need to take into account your overall digital strategy, optimize your presence on social media, have a website optimized for multilingual search, create great content marketing, look at conversion rates, implement the PR approach… The Openvalley agency knows how to use social media, how to perform website optimization and to use content marketing to increase your SEO rank in Russia. We make sure that your website gets more traffic leading to more business for your company.
Openvalley’s approach to improve your website rankings in Russia:
What will you get with our SEO services in Russia ?
– Great visibility: we ensure your site achieves high rankings across the most important search engines in Russia, such as Yandex or Google.ru
– Russian native speakers who are Internet-savvy: we make sure the quality of your website content meets your target audience expectations. We are working with specialist native Russian speakers.
– Centralized site monitoring and management : we continuously monitor your website rankings and improve results by adjusting your SEO strategy to your competitors in Russia and trends on the Russian market. It will be is easier for you to control your website internationalization than if you were dealing with multiple teams across different countries.
– Cost-effective solution: We offer tailored solutions to help you receive high visibility, and we focus on getting the best organic search results for your Russian website at a competitive price.
Which digital services to enter the Russian market ?
1SEO for the Russian market
Improve your organic search rankings and digital presence in Russia. Russian SEO is a complex activity that involves various technical aspects (site structure, geolocation,…), multilingual keyword research, website content optimization, link bait…
2Social media in Russia
Social media should be used to connect with your prospective customers in Russia, which will drive more business. Openvalley assists you in defining the right Social media strategy for the Russian market, to increase your presence on Russian social networks such as Vkontakte.
3Content marketing for a Russian audience
As cliché as it may sound, content is one of the most important factors in any search marketing strategy. It is highly important to ensure that you have content worth viewing in Russian to connect with a Russian-speaking audience.
The issue of localization and translation of content in Russian is key to connect your customers abroad. Openvalley works with a team of native speakers to ensure web translation and localization is SEO optimized which, will positively affects your website rankings.
5Website design in Russian
Openvalley design websites that are fully functional, either e-commerce or corporate websites. You can add an unlimited number of pages, update content anywhere, at any time, in a simple way. Our websites are multilingual, which means you can add several additional languages, and smartphone optimized.
Launching a pay-per-click campaign in Russia is a good way to quickly reach new customers. With pay-per-click, advertisers can efficiently and effectively target customers in a foreign country. We can create paid search campaigns in Russian on Google or on Yandex.